Thursday, December 30, 2004

I Love Rainy Days...

when they occur in the summer...where they belong. Today my frozen wasteland became (temporarily) a very icy wasteland...now it is a soggy (and thawing) wasteland. Anyone who missed the concept of global warming in school, on the news, etc...need only take a look at the weather here in Wisconsin over the past week...it was, and I'm not kidding about this, 60 degrees colder a week ago. Today it is 42 degrees, and last week it was -18 degrees. That's just not right. Don't get me wrong, I like the fact that we're in a tropical heatwave, I really do. But I prefer warm weather to occur in long stretches, not just a day or two at a time...like mother nature teasing and taunting us. This recent spate of weather brings to mind a favorite passage from Lewis Black's The White Album:
"And then, the weather is completely nonsense. You...you...there's never.... You don't even have a proper fall coat, nothing you wear is right. You wake up, it's sunny out, you put a coat on, you go out, sweat like a pig, you take it off, then it's cold...it's bullshit. Sun's out, you're sweating, but there's a breeze, so you're freezing.... It's not weather, it's malaria!

Weather's 90, then it's 30, it's 80, it's 20, and my balls can't take it. Big, and then small, big, small, big.... Now I can't have kids, 'cuz my sperm is gagging. Weather in this country's completely nuts, and nobody gives a shit."


UPDATE: Rain has stopped, which is good...but rain + snow + no wind + 40 degree weather = FOG...I'd take a picture out the window, but between the snow and the fog, it would be completely and totally white. Not sure if Seattle or London would be the better comparison, since I've never been to either...but its foggy...really.