Saturday, January 01, 2005

Possession of a condiment?

So, I've been coerced into making a pot of my soon-to-be famous Poblano Corn Chowder (recipe available upon request), and the recipe calls for 1 tablespoon of Mexican oregano. Every single time I make this soup, I automatically think of "A Few Good Men"...why you might ask? Is it because I'm planning on starting law school in but a few (hopefully short) months? Is it because I just remember more movie quotes than the average person? Well, those both might be true, but the quote that really comes to mind is from early on in the film:
SPRADLING
I'm gonna charge him with possession and being under the
influence while on duty. Plead guilty and I'll recommend 30
days in the brig with loss of rank and pay.

KAFFEE
It was oregano, Dave, it was ten dollars worth of oregano.

SPRADLING
Yeah, well your client thought it was marijuana.

KAFFEE
My client's a moron, that's not against the law.
...

SPRADLING
I've got people to answer to just like you, I'm gonna charge
him.

KAFFEE
With what, possession of a condiment?