Monday, May 30, 2005

moving like a tortoise, full of rigor mortis

So yesterday were the Mad City races, including a marathon, half-marathon (my event), 5 & 10K and a kids race as well. This was my first half-marathon race, ever, and only the second time I've ever run more than 12 miles (both of which were this month).

The half-marathon course was beautiful and relatively flat, and the weather was perfect. The City of Madison was very supportive of the event, and there were people cheering and encouraging all along the course. I had a great time.

Now that I'm back in the temperate wasteland and have had a day to recover, it's time to post the results.

I managed to finish below the overall average time and in the top half of all runners. My average mile pace was 8:53, and I finished under 2 hours. I also got a nifty medal for being a finisher (see below).





T minus 33.