Sunday, May 22, 2005

This is how Liberty dies...with thunderous applause.

So I saw Star Wars Episode III over the weekend...and I can honestly say that George Lucas finally got his head out of his ass and made a good movie again. As I wrote previously, I watched Episodes 1 & 2 as part of my Star Wars weekend and other than a few good moments, those movies stink...and I mean dog-meets-skunk stink.

Episode III finally came back into the vein of the original trilogy, and other than a few moments with some horribly cheesy dialogue, it was a great sci-fi film. If Lucas was intending for his "romantic" dialogue to be cheesy, corny or contrived, then he was immensely successful...otherwise, he failed miserably to write even plausable dialogue...even for a long time ago in a galaxy far away.

(As a side note, if you wanted to read into the film for parallels between the current administration and the rise of the Empire, I'm sure you could...but it wasn't blatant...and if you took offense to such "liberal" ideas...then you're probably on the wrong side now.)

T minus 38