Saturday, May 14, 2005

That's no moon, it's a space station!

Geek weekend has descended on my apartment in the still horribly damp wasteland. My non-functioning BetaMax VCR has arrived, and has already been gutted. The old circuit boards are a thing of beauty. This beast was created long before the days of printed circuit boards, and now it is a hollow shell of it's former self. Hopefully it will soon become a media center PC in disguise...stay tuned for future developments.

In other geeky news, Star Wars Episodes 4-6, 1 & 2 have been/will be shown in my living room over the weekend. These showings are in advance of the release of Episode 3 this week, which I should be seeing this coming weekend.

Finally, I believe I am ready for the rapidly approaching Mad City Half Marathon on Memorial Day Sunday. Today was my longest run ever (by about 2.4 miles), and I went 13.6 miles in 1:54:47. Now its time to relax and watch Star Wars.