Thursday, July 06, 2006

This tune ain't bad or good and come ever what may...

Well, I wasn't directly tagged with this meme, but then LQ decided that I needed to offer it up anyway...so here goes. (Bonus point available if you notice where the 26th song lyric is, can correctly identify it & its artist!)

LQ's Instructions:
A. If you’ve got an iPod or similar technology, copy your Top 25 Most Played.
My iPod wiped itself out a little while ago, so this is just 25 song lyrics that came to mind through various inspirations.
B. Then pick a lyric from each.
C. Post the lyrics on your blog.
D. Have commenters guess what the song is.
E. Either strike out the lyric once it has been correctly identified or place the guesser’s user name directly after the lyric.
F. Extra points for knowing the artist. Let’s not go overboard and try to figure out albums.
G. NO INTERNET ASSISTANCE.

Contest is done...any song that no one got has the answer shown in red

Song 1:
"Studebaker television North Korea South Korea Marilyn Monroe"

"We Didn't Start the Fire" - Billy Joel (LQ)

Song 2:
"With a boulder on my shoulder, feeling kind of older, I tripped the merry-go-round"

"Blinded By The Light" - Manfred Mann & His Earth Band

Song 3:
"She claimed in a loud voice to be a dancer
but I don't think she's cut a rug in years
listens to the jukebox for her answers
slowly guzzles twenty-five cent beers"

"Woman Goin' Crazy on Caroline Street" - Jimmy Buffett

Song 4:
"Yo ye pharaohs, let us walk
through this barren desert
in search of truth, and some pointy boots
and maybe a few snack crackers."

"Camel Walk" - Southern Culture on the Skids

Song 5:
"Let's do this one more once."

"April in Paris" - Count Basie

Song 6:
"Been around the world and found
that only stupid people are breeding.
The cretins cloning and feeding
and I don't even own a TV."

"Flagpole Sitta" - Harvey Danger (Little Tort)

Song 7:
"and mother feels so shocked, father's world is rocked,
and their thoughts turn to their own little girl.
Sweet sixteen ain't so peachy keen,
no, it ain't so neat to admit defeat."

"I Don't Like Mondays" - Boomtown Rats

Song 8:
"She said, 'Tell me, are you a Christian, child?'
and I said, 'Ma'am, I am tonight."

"Walking in Memphis" - Marc Cohn (LQ)

Song 9:
"Making plans for the Sunshine State,
waiting at the terminal gate,
you and me making history."

"This Is Us" - Mark Knopfler & Emmylou Harris

Song 10:
"I wanna pull it apart and put it back together,
I wanna relive all my adolescent dreams.
Inspired by true events on movie screens"

"One Man Wrecking Machine" - Guster

Song 11:
"Some rich men came and raped the land,
nobody caught 'em.
Put up a bunch of ugly boxes, and Jesus,
People bought 'em."

"The Last Resort" - The Eagles

Song 12:
"Little old lady got mutilated late last night"

"Werewolves of London" - Warren Zevon (LQ)

Song 13:
"Makin' love in the green grass,
behind the stadium with you."

"Brown-Eyed Girl" (LQ). This, however was the extra-cool Jimmy Buffett cover version...not that the lyrics gave that away.

Song 14:
"Forget the cafe latte, screw the raspberry iced tea.
A Malibu and Coke for you, a G & T for me."

"Alcohol" - Barenaked Ladies (Little Tort)

Song 15:
"gunter glieben glauchen globen"

"Rock of Ages" - Def Leppard

Song 16:
"My head is a box filled with nothing,
and that's the way I like it."

"Catch My Disease" - Ben Lee

Song 17:
"A girl went back to Napoli,
because she missed the scenery,
the native dances and the charming songs,
but wait a minute, somthing's wrong."

"Mambo Italiano" - Rosemary Clooney

Song 18:
"In the town where I was born,
lived a man who sailed to sea,
and he told us of his life,
in the land of submarines."

"Yellow Submarine" - The Beatles (LQ)

Song 19:
"Tongue-tied and twisted, just an earth-bound misfit."

"Learning to Fly" - Pink Floyd

Song 20:
"And all I can do is just pour some tea for two,
and speak my point of view, but it's not sane."

"No Rain" - Blind Melon (LQ)

Song 21:
"But that's not the reason that I came to this land,
I wanna get a job in a rock and roll band."

"Purple People Eater" - Sheb Wooley

Song 22:
"For the words of the prophets were written on the studio wall"

"The Spirit of Radio" - Rush

Song 23:
"I think it was the Fourth of July"

"Saturday in the Park" - Chicago

Song 24:
"So I called up my pal Jack Daniels, and his partner Jimmy Beam."

"I Drink Alone" - George Thorogood (LQ)

Song 25:
"You smart-ass college fuck,
act like you think you're tall."

"Loser Makes Good" - Everclear

Song 26 (the post title):
"This tune ain't bad or good and come ever what may..."

"This Song" - George Harrison

Good luck, and enjoy!