Saturday, January 15, 2005

You know, I couldn't believe it. You got him to make you a sword. It was easy, I just dropped your name...

So, not a whole lot going on in the frozen wasteland this weekend. Slept in, shipped off yet another old textbook (god bless half.com), and ran my fastest 5 mile yet. About 6 weeks ago I ran 5 miles for the first time (in a road race no less), and finished in 49:07. I realize that's not very fast, but I was happy to finish. Today I ran 5 miles on the treadmill in 44:33...again, not horribly fast, but I was amazed to shave 4:34 off my time in a mere 6 weeks.

Other than that, I watched Kill Bill Vol. 2 for the 3rd time. It is an amazing piece of work. Vol. 1 is mostly violence, but Vol. 2 really gets to the heart of the matter, and tells the story of The Bride and Bill.

Now, I'm half-watching NFL divisional playoffs (cheering for the Falcons...mostly because I despise Mike Martz) while cleaning and organizing my mess of an apartment. I'm mulling over the idea for a rather long post, but I'm not sure exactly what angle to take with it yet, or whether it should possibly be multiple posts. I guess time will tell, maybe I'll even write it tomorrow while doing laundry and watching the Eagles pummel the Vikings.

I'm out.