Saturday, April 23, 2005

I don't know where I'm running now, I'm just running on...

Earlier this week, I had planned on doing a long run today...but, the weather reports kept getting more and more ominous. Cold weather, windy weather, chance of rain, chance of snow, doom and gloom.

I woke up this morning to find that, yes, it was a bit chilly...but by 2pm, it had warmed up nicely...close to 50 with the sunshine, so I went ahead and did my longest run ever. Back in February, in the bowels of the YMCA, I ran 8 miles in 73 minutes on a treadmill, and got really really bored in the process. Today, I ran approximately 11.2 miles in 96 minutes, and enjoyed the entire time. It is a little blustery out, but never really a factor in the run. I'm sure tomorrow will consist of sitting on my couch being lazy, but that's well earned at this point.

I'll also be starting a new book (see the side bar for details) while being lazy, as I finished "American Gods" today, and will hopefully have a more thorough post discussing it in the near future.