Friday, April 22, 2005

No such thing as a free lunch...

So today my section chief took us all out to lunch...mostly to celebrate the fact that we're starting to turn the section around. But of course, the powers that be want more. My "obligation" is about $7,000 a month in billables...and thanks to MY CONNECTIONS, we just got a subcontract worth about $30,000 a year (for the next two years)...so (assuming we do that much work under the contract) I just covered myself for 4 months each of the next two years...not that I'll be there for nearly any of it.

Additionally, the report I did for a client late last year is turning into a design contract that will probably be worth $30-$40,000 as well.

However, I was kindly informed that I'm supposed to (help) bring in an additional 3 jobs (of any size) in the next year...bah! I'm the only one bringing in the work, and they want more...bleh bleh bleh...

So yeah, lunch today came with strings attached.